Do you own an Epson printer? If yes, it is a must for you to know how to replace ink in Epson printer. Epson is well known for its ink cartridges and ink bottles. Depending on the printer model, your Epson printer may use an ink cartridge or ink bottle to print. CompAndSave aims to help you breeze through installing cartridges or refilling ink with Epson ink bottles. To start right on how to change ink in Epson printer, let us first discuss how to know the suitable ink that your printer uses.
What kind of ink does an Epson printer use?
The first step on how to change Epson ink is knowing what cartridge or ink bottle you should purchase for your printer. CompAndSave's guide about finding the right printer ink to use can help you figure out the right Epson ink to purchase. Having the correct cartridge is the first step on how to put ink in Epson printer. Now that you figured out the answer to’ what ink does my epson printer use’, you are ready for the installation process.
How to replace Epson ink cartridges?
Epson is known for having cartridges and ink bottles. The steps on how to put ink in an Epson printer may vary depending on the machine type. In this part, we’ll start with how to change ink cartridges in Epson printer. You can follow our step-by-step instructions on changing Epson ink cartridges below:
- Make sure your printer is on. Lift the scanner bed to open your printer.
Do not move the printhead by hand, or it can damage your printer. Do not touch the flat white cable inside the printer as well.
If you are installing the ink cartridge on a brand new printer, be sure to remove the placeholder plastic tabs before you try to install the ink cartridges.
- Open the cartridge cover.
If you are replacing an empty cartridge, be sure to remove the old cartridges before starting.
Click to know where the cartridge access door is usually located.
Let us get to know the different Epson printers. You can check if your printer resembles the images below to locate the cartridge space. To install the cartridges, you need to know the right location. Check out some of the Epson printers with the best-selling ink cartridges below to find out where the cartridge space is.Epson Workforce WF-2750
Epson Workforce WF-2750 is one of the printers that have the best-selling cartridges, which is Epson 220XL. To see the cartridge space, you can lift the scanner bed. Most Epson printers store the cartridges behind the scanner bed. This printer model resembles other Epson printers such as Epson Workforce WF-3640 and Epson Workforce WF-3620. You can watch our video tutorial on Epson Workforce WF-2750 printer ink cartridges installation to know how to put ink in Epson printer.Epson Expression XP-640
Another Epson printer with popular ink cartridges is the Epson Expression XP-640. The cartridges are also located behind the scanner bed. Once you liftit, it will reveal the cartridge space. This Epson printer uses the most popular Epson 410XL ink cartridges. You can easily know how to replace Epson ink cartridges with the help of our video tutorial onEpson Expression XP-640 printer ink cartridges installation.
Now that you are familiar with the cartridge space, you can follow our step-by-step instructions on how to change ink cartridges in Epson printer.
- Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift the cartridge to remove it.
- Take your new ink cartridge out of the packaging. Remove the plastic protective case and the cartridge tape, which is usually bright in color.
- Follow the color patterns on your printer when installing.
- Insert the new cartridge into the holder and push it down until it clicks into place.
- If it does not fit in easily, check to make sure you have it the right way up and insert it into the correct slot.
- Be careful not to touch the gold contact points, or it may damage the cartridge.
- Install the other colors the same way you installed the first one. Close the cartridge cover and push it down until it clicks into place.
- Select check on the LCD screen to make sure the cartridge is installed correctly. If so, close the scanner bed.
- If turned on, the printer should automatically start recognizing the cartridges being in place and begin the printing process.
Now that you know how to replace epson ink cartridges, it is time to discuss the other popular Epson printer type.
How to refill Epson EcoTank?
This next set of instructions on how to change ink in Epson printer is for the EcoTank series. EcoTank printers use ink bottles to refill the tank. These printers have tanks on the front where you can see ink levels. Check the Epson printer ink refill instructions below:
- Lift the scanning bed. Open the ink tank cover.
Spotting the ink tanks is effortless. You can see Epson EcoTank printers below:Epson Expression ET-2750 EcoTank
Epson Expression ET-2750 EcoTank uses Epson 502 ink bottles to print. You can easily see the ink tank to check if you are running out of ink. Refilling ink has never been this easy, especially if you watch our video guide on how to change Epson printer ink for the Expression ET-2750 EcoTank.Epson Expression XP-640
Another featured printer that uses ink bottles is the Epson EcoTank ET-2720. It uses a different ink bottle, which is the Epson T522. You can watch the Epson EcoTank ET-2720 printer ink refill instruction video to do the refill smoothly.
- Lift the cap for the black ink tank.
- Take the ink out of the packaging. Unpack the bottle and hold it upright. Slowly turn the bottle cap to remove it.
- Place the top of the ink bottle on the filling port, then slowly stand the bottle upright. Wait for the ink to fill the tank. Do not squeeze the bottle.
- When the ink tank is full, remove the ink bottle and securely close it with the bottle cap.
- Close the ink tank cover. Refill the other colors the same way.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Epson EcoTank ink bottles can last up to 18-24 months when unopened. Once opened, consuming the ink within six months ensures the best quality prints. Black ink bottles can print up to 4,500 pages, while colored inks can produce 7,500 sheets. It means that it can have prints of two years worth of use. Also, following the tips mentioned on how to store Epson ink can preserve its quality.
Checking the ink levels of your Epson printer is essential, so you will know if it is time to buy ink. Your Epson printer will no longer produce prints once there is no more ink. The print quality will not be as excellent if you run out with even one color. To ensure that your printer inks are ready before it runs out, you can follow this guide on how to check ink on Epson printer.
- Make sure that you have downloaded the Printer Driver using the CD provided in your printer package. You can also check it on the Epson site.
- Open the Printer Driver.
- Click Maintenance.
- Select EPSON Status Monitor 3.
- The graphic will show the ink levels.
- If the paper out light is on, load more paper.
It is important to store your Epson cartridges properly to avoid drying up or getting damaged. What is more frustrating than finding out that your purchased printer inks no longer work? Follow our steps below on how to store Epson ink cartridges properly.
- Store your ink cartridges in a cool, dry place to avoid damaging their quality.
- The room temperature recommendation is at 20-29 degrees celsius.
- Do not open the packaging unless you are ready to install your cartridges.
- Do not touch the circuitry to avoid printing quality issues.
- Always check the shelf life of your printer inks.
- Prepare your new ink cartridges before installing them to prevent drying out the nozzles.
Finally, you now know how to change Epson ink. CompAndSave aims to help you install cartridges or refill ink bottles efficiently. If you want tutorial videos, you can watch our guide on 'How to change ink in Epson printer?'. The video compilation will show you how to insert ink in Epson printer and refill Epson EcoTanks.
For your printing supplies, CompAndSave offers discounted Epson ink. Enjoy high-quality Epson cartridges and ink bottles at a much lower cost. CompAndSave products are 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Do you need more help in purchasing printer inks? Contact our customer service department at our toll-free number: 1-833-465-6888 (Monday to Friday, 6am-6pm PT).